Translate

Monday 10 December 2018

Learning in Ms. Forth's SK/1 Class

Last Friday, I had an amazing time learning with Ms. Forth's SK/Gr. 1 Class. In language students were learning how to retell a story. Ms. Forth reviewed a story that they read before, The Mitten. They reviewed the success criteria to write an effective retell (e.g., "I can tell the story in the order that I heard it."). They also have success criteria for what makes a good sentence (e.g., "I can start my sentence with an uppercase letter.")


In math, students were working on measuring distances. They learned the importance of having a consistent baseline (i.e., starting point) when comparing distances. Ms. Forth's classroom also demonstrates the learning that has taken place with measuring. The students did a great job!